You can integrate your Roomba with HomeKit through Homebridge. Homebridge is a lightweight server that, as the name suggests, helps to bridge your Roomba and the HomeKit ecosystem. With Homebridge, all you need is a device to keep it running and install the necessary software to integrate a non-HomeKit device.
How do I add Roomba to Homebridge?
- Install Homebridge: sudo npm i -g homebridge –unsafe-perm.
- Download this plugin: sudo npm i -g homebridge-roomba2.
- Follow Setup to get Roomba credentials.
- Add an Accessory for your Roomba and configure it using Config-Ui-X.
- Restart Homebridge.
Can I use Siri to control Roomba?
iRobot Roomba vacuums are already super convenient for assisting in vacuum jobs in between deeper clean ups. … Using Siri and Shortcuts, you can build custom voice commands that control Roomba from HomePod, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
How do I find my Roomba IP address?
2. Confirm the IP address to which Roomba is connected with the official application.
- 2-1. Open the iRobot HOME App .
- 2-2. Select More ➔ Settings ➔ Wi-Fi Settings ➔ Details of robot’s Wi-Fi.
- 2-3. Check IP Address items. ( example: 192.168.xx.xx)
How do you attach a Roomba to a HOOB?
How to Set Up HOOBS for Roomba-HomeKit Integration
- Step 1: Connect HOOBS To Your Home Network. …
- Step 2: Open The HOOBS Interface on Your Browser. …
- Step 3: Install the Roomba Stv Plugin for HOOBS. …
- Step 4: Obtain the IP address of the Roomba. …
- Step 5: Configure the Roomba Stv Plugin.
Does iRobot Roomba work with HomeKit?
Even though the iRobot line of smart vacuums doesn’t support Apple HomeKit, there is a way to control your iRobot Roomba with Siri. It’s not as simple as downloading an app and pushing a button, but it’s not overly complex either.
Does Roomba work with Apple?
The iRobot® HOME App is designed for use on iOS devices running OS 13 or higher and Android devices running OS 7.0 or higher. It is not compatible with desktop operating systems, Windows Mobile OS or Kindle tablets/Fire OS.
Can you control Roomba with Iphone?
The new iRobot HOME app for iOS and Android acts like a hub for all your platform products. With the app, you can start or end cleaning jobs, tell your Roomba to go back to its base, or schedule vacuum times (like, say, when you aren’t home, or just before you get back from vacation).
How do I add Roomba to my app?
Connecting Roomba® to the iRobot® HOME App
- Step 1 – Complete Setup Checklist. Confirm you are ready to start: …
- Step 2 – Verify Bluetooth is Turned ON. …
- Step 3 – Home Base® Charging Station Placement. …
- Step 4 – Name Your Robot. …
- Step 5 – Connect Roomba® to Your Wi-Fi. …
- Step 6 – Activate Roomba®
How do I add another Roomba app?
Open the iRobot HOME App, create or sign-in to your account, and then select “Add a Robot”. This robot is added by selecting “Add a Robot”, and then “Roomba”, followed by “Roomba Combo”.
Where is the MAC address on a robot vacuum?
The MAC address can be found on the back of your robot.
Does Roomba i3 have mapping?
The i3 navigates and maps your home in neat rows using state-of-the-art floor tracking sensors to vacuum hardwood and carpet. Reactive Sensor Technology tells the robot where it can and cannot reach, which means less getting stuck on furniture and more knowing where to go.