Flight attendant jobs demand meticulous services and heavy-duty responsibilities, attending to every minute need of the passengers. A person has to be dedicated to the job and has to be willing to work even in the wee hours of the night.
Qualification And Training
An aspirant opting for flight attendant jobs needs to be smart, poised and immensely patient to handle any adverse circumstances tactfully. He/she should be aged between 18 to 21 years. The person should be at least a high school graduate and should be able to speak fluent and flawless English. He/she should be physically sound.
A former training for 3 to 8 weeks is required for the job. However, the flight attendant should meet the other following requirements.
- The candidate should not have any vision problem.
- The physical appearance of the attendant should be pleasing.
- The height should be ideal and should complement the body weight.
The following aspects of flight attendant jobs are very important:
The Nature Of The Work
Flight attendant jobs demand immense responsibilities, which the attendant has to accomplish with perfection. There are few things, which the attendant should take care of:
- The candidates get a brief from the captain, about the assorted aviation rules like, introducing the passengers to the various informations, which can prove useful during the flight. Informations about the evacuation procedures, duration of the flight, expected weather conditions and other flying related information are important.
- The candidates for flight attendant jobs should check if the first aid box is in place and that too with all the contents.
- They should direct the passengers as to how to fasten their seat belts and sit in an upright position, when the flight takes off.
- The attendants take the responsibility of distributing reading materials and attending to all the need of the passengers. They also serve food/edibles to the passengers in right time and meet the whims of both the children and the elderly passengers.
A flight attendant should be comfortable with the odd hours of the job. One may have to work at night, in weekends or during holidays. Usually, flight attendants have to work for 12 hours a day, but if required, they may have to work for 14 hours.
Flight Attendant Jobs – The Remuneration
Flying attendants get fat salaries and time-to-time incentives. Since, the flight attendants have to be away from home for the greater part of the year, they get various allowances. They can earn extra money for night duties or for working during holidays. Their families are allowed free rides.
In spite of the heavy duties and weird working hours, the demand for flight attendant jobs is on the rise and many are joining this field with colored dreams in their eyes.